Thursday, May 23, 2013

Is it a mystery to you?

I cannot recount the number of times I've heard someone say, "God works in mysterious ways!"  Let me clarify this today - He did not plan it to be this way.  In John, Jesus said if we would but believe in Him we would see.  See what?  See spiritual truth that He wants to show us.  Though we may understand the day as light and the night as darkness, Jesus is speaking about our spiritual senses, not the natural.  Darkness means dimness or obscurity.  I could jump out of my skin reading the Greek translation of light, which is to manifest (reveal).  God wants to reveal Himself to us!  He does not want to remain a mystery.

I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.  John 12:46

My cousin Karen helped me consider this more plainly.  She told me before she knew the Lord, she knew He was 'with' her at times.  After she gave her life to Him, she was aware He was 'in' her.  Talk about closeness, oneness, intimacy of knowing one another.  This morning, I just saw in the scrippy what she told me!

Jesus promised to give us a helper in our life, someone who would live on the inside of us, His Spirit.  

the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot  receive (it could if it chose to believe in Him), because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be IN you.  

Today, you can know that God is not mysterious. 

Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.  But Got has revealed them to us through His Spirit.  For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.  1 Corinthians 2:9-10, 12

Here's an easy breakdown: 
1.  Believe that Jesus is who He said He is, repent (turn from your self will to His will).
2.  Make the choice to walk in the light (His Word) every day.  He reveals Himself in His truth.

He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.  And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father and I will love him and manifest (reveal) Myself to him.  John 14:21





6 comments:

  1. Maggie....and so are you! It's exciting to think He wants our lives to reflect Him. What is really neat is each of us has such a different 'expression!' You're a flamboyant piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen may we be so intimately melted in with Him-Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. saw it all, good good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sydney - You are such an inspiration!! I love reading your blogs. They have helped me through my difficult days. I keep them in my email so I can go back to them and re-read and reflect on your message. Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa - think about you often. God is always wanting to 'lift' us. You are making it, day by day, in strength :)

    ReplyDelete