Thursday, July 25, 2013

are you predictable?

Chick-fil-A is my favorite place for a quick lunch.  This particular day, I was having a repeat visit to the same location!  After placing my order with the gal working the drive-thru, she said, "I remember you.  You ALWAYS spell your name and order the same thing!"  

She got me thinking about being a predictable person.  There was a time in my life that I wanted people to think I was complicated or mysterious (in my 20's).  Now, I consider it a compliment that someone can know how I might respond in or to different situations.  

This led me to think about God and the fact that His character is consistent, unchanging & predictable!

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8

For I am the Lord, I do not change… Malachi 3:5

Can you see this is why we can trust Him - because He is predictable! 

He is completely reliable, absolutely trustworthy & totally dependable.  Wow!  Talk about the perfect relationship you could have with someone :)

Though His character is unchanging and predictable, His works are spontaneous, creative and....unpredictable!   

Are you trusting in the one who is always predictable?

new web @ www.simplewithsyd.com



1 comment:

  1. I just reread your blog and realized I missed the message when I first read it, dah, thanks for the shot in the arm.

    ReplyDelete