Tuesday, July 23, 2013

BOUNTY...the quicker picker-upper

Remember Rosie, a waitress in a diner, who uses Bounty to clean up spills made by the diner's patrons & demonstrates that it has better absorption compared to other brands?  The tagline was 'the quicker picker-upper'.

Thanks to my new biking friend, Sue, I got a different spin on 'the quicker picker-upper'. 

Sue, though witty, would have me to believe she is a worry wart.  Jokingly, I said, "Okay, I will let you be the worry wart and I will be the lifter-upper."  We both laughed as we recalled the Bounty commercial. 


A lifter-upper is someone who picks up others (a picker upper).  Sue told me, "I have you in my phone contacts as Sydney 'Bounty'.  I would love to live up to that name!  I know, however, that apart from Him, I don't have anything of lasting encouragement.  It is His words that are Spirit and they (His words) life.

One definition of Bounty is generosity in giving.  The word is also used as a free gift.  God's life-giving Spirit is a never ending giving.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control. Galatians 5:22-23 NKJV

How do people know you?  Are you a worry wart, or are you a quicker picker-upper.  Are you looking to lift others and leave them in a better state than when you came in contact with them?

New web @ www.simplewithsyd.com

2 comments:

  1. Interesting question. Galatians paints what my answer wants to be, to always lift others, although I think I often miss the mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom

    Anyone who knows you, would say that you have good fruit! Love you.

    ReplyDelete