Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hide-and-seek anybody?

In that moment, I got it!  

I was sitting at a street light, you know…a little glance over to the car next to me.  There she was, a beautiful woman in her nice car.  I was not jealous or envious, but rather a bit caught in a daze at how perfect it all looked to my eyes.  


Right then, I heard Him say to me, "but...you are hidden in Me."  I instantly got what He was wanting me to get.  He told me that I was beautiful because my chosen place was to hide behind Him.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging on myself - no!  Rather, I am pointing to the fact that true beauty, anything beautiful that is seen or known is because of the hiding place.  I'm hiding.  Can you find me?

Photo by:  Anthony  Kelly
You see, it's like the kids' game of hide-and-seek.  A children's game in which a number of players hide themselves in a particular environment, only to be found by the one or more of the seekers.   
 
...your life is hidden with Christ in God.
Colossians 3:3 NKJV

Where is your identify found?  Is it found in trying to impress man or is it found in the identity of Christ?


Want to know a secret?  He absolutely wants to be found, by you!

Loving the life! See new web @ www.simplewithsyd.com

6 comments:

  1. Ahh! The cry of a woman's heart, "Am I beautiful?" The answer can only be satisfied by the One who made me!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! the only way to truly live is to die to oneself and be found in him! This is what allows us to find joy in the joys of others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made my morning. Love the freedom in the way the words just flow. Makes me happy, makes me glad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He must increase, I must decrease. Jn. 3:30.

    ....until all that I am can only be found in HIM.

    Thanks for the reminder Sydney that I need to let Him keep pruning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! Herein lies true revelation! He is the Beautiful One! Hidden away in the Ancient of Days, my death is the life I've sought always.

    ReplyDelete