Thursday, August 15, 2013

He said it!

Still at the forefront of the mind...

Following a good night's sleep on 3-12-2013, I awoke from a dream that seemed to demand my acknowledgement.

Upon awakening, I told my husband about the vivid dream I had of my stepson and I reading our bibles together in John, chapter 17.  I heard (aloud it seemed), THY WORD IS TRUTH.

I must have been reading a King James Version in my dream..he he...as I heard the word "thy."  

I told my husband that I didn't even think that this verse was in the book of John (though I specifically heard John 17) but that maybe this verse could be found in Psalms.  

As soon as I got out of bed, I had to find what I heard in the dream. Immediately I went to John 17, though I didn't expect to find it there.  To my surprise, there it was, right there in John 17:17!

Sanctify them by Your truth.  Thy word is truth. John 17:17 KJV

What truth to do you live by?  There is but one way, one TRUTH and one life, found in Jesus.  If you desire to know this truth, He will reveal Himself to you - one way through His word.  Thy word IS truth.

Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life.  John 14:6 NKJV

new web @ www.simplewithsyd.com

6 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love it. God is always revealing things to us in dreams, visions, other people, sermons, and his word. The fact that you got up to even search for it although you felt that it wasnt there. A sort of proving your dream wrong so to spreak ha And then found it. That right there shows that God's Word is the truth, even in dreams.

    I choose to listen to the true Word of God. There has been many times where He would give me a scripture in my dream and I go look it up and it is directly related to what is going on in my life at that moment. God hungers to conversate with us. Are we willing to take the time out of our busy schedules to conversate with Him? He is out creator. Why not spend time with Him to see what He is creating today for our lives.

    I love my daddy God with everything I have and I simple choose to believe Him. Even when it makes no sense to me and my simple mind can't comprehend what He's telling me to do or say. He leads me into all Truths and I choose to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolanda

    He knows just how & when to speak the 'word of life' we need.

    :) HE leads into ALL truth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! His Word is TRUTH! So many people today want to go the way of popular culture. God help us to cling to His truth regardless of what society thinks or does. Thank you for allowing Him to speak truth through you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer-

    I'm smiling that you said that we would cling to His truth regardless of what society thinks. I'm going of the subject a bit, but...

    On a neightborhood walk (last night) I got to walk some distance with a 90-year-old neighbor. He told me he remembered me because I told him, "If the garage door is open, please just come on in." He told me that even his son said, "Can you call before coming over." I told him that I still like having folks over for dinner...and you don't have to call first...ha ha. To which he told me to, "Create your own society." That was special to me and I want to do just that.

    And, as you know, we want a Jesus society, where we truly care for the needs of others :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't I just love it when I know that I know that at times, yes, He speaks to us, mostly through the Word but sometimes right into our head. Jesus is as real as real gets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesus is Truth. Amen. Thanks for sharing, Sydney.

    ReplyDelete