Tuesday, August 27, 2013

PASSION


The word PASSION.

It's not even easter time and am I wanting to talk about The Passion of Christ? 
The Passion is depicted by the time prior to and leading to Jesus's death on the cross to pay for the sins of the world.


A word that has excited me for years!  I have clung to this word since 1991. Why?  Because this was the year my heart was open to know Him, and began to understand the meaning of this word through the passion of His sacrifice on the cross.

The source of the passion of Christ was His intense love for mankind.  How exciting!  MAN-kind.  All men, not one particular race of man, but men created in the image of their Creator. Jesus had a love for man-kind that resulted in His extreme commitment to walk a specific, narrow path to redeem all of man-kind.  He did this for the sake of restoring humans to their rightful place of fellowship with God.  He made Himself nothing, taking on the nature of US!

He made Himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.  Philippians 2:7 NIV

His passionate love caused Him to leave heaven to take human form and live an obedient life of self-sacrifice.  Only such a self-less life could produce the pure, innocent blood sacrifice required to cover the sins of those who put their faith in Him.

No one has greater love than the one who gives His life for His friends.  John 15:13 NIRV

Jesus is the example of true life.  Are you filled with such passion for others, that you willingly give of yourself that others might know truth?

Passion is a compelling emotion of feeling.  What are you passionate about?  Does it lead to something eternal for you and for the sake of others?  :)

5 comments:

  1. I am moved beyond words when I think of Jesus' love toward us. I'm thankful for the passion that YOU show toward Christ; it gives me the inspiration I need to continue towards my destiny, whatever that is. Most of the time, God doesn't show me where He's leading me until I'm right smack dab in the middle of it! And that seems to work for me! *smile* Thanks for sharing your insight with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I am considering YOU! Thankful for you!

    And let us consider and give attentive, continuous care to watching over one another, studying how we may stir up (stimulate and incite) to love and helpful deeds and noble activities Heb. 10:24 Amp

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the passionate stir,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rich,very rich. Like great pastry, tasting every little bit. So was your analogy of 'passion', Christ passion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your passion, Sydney. I was searching for the old-time revival preacher who talked about building a fire out in the field. People will see it and will want to come and find out what's going on. :)

    Though it's not what I was seeking, I found this link: http://www.ravenhill.org/whitefield.htm

    ReplyDelete