Tuesday, September 24, 2013

a NO?





I'm not trying to step on toes here, but want to be transparent in letting you know I believe sometimes....God says NO!

Many times I have heard others say that they do not know what God wants them to do.  I may be too simplistic, but this is how I see it. Sometimes, I may not know when God says yes to me, but I definitely know what a NO sounds like. 

I have had this scrippy marked for years - where I understand the NO of God :

And Paul and Silas passed through the territory of Phrygia and Galatia, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to proclaim the Word in Asia.  Acts 16:6 AMP 

The Holy Spirit was saying NO don't go there.  But shortly after, Paul has a dream and is told where & what to do!  

Staying in the Word of God is of utmost importance to clearly understand who God is, to be in a love relationship, and ultimately let His life flow through you for the sake of others.  

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.  Romans 12:2 NKJV

Back to the NO!  I used to get so caught up with things like, "Is God saying take this job, move here, go there...."  This can be maddening, right?

Let me make a correlation.  I know my Mom and Dad and how they think about things, their reasoning that seemed to be behind discipline and mostly, I understand their great love me (more clearly as an adult!).  That does not mean that whatever I may have asked for growing up, I received a yes from them.  I certainly can remember the NO's I got over the years!  

Have you experienced this from your parents?  Then why, when we bring it over into the realm of our heavenly Father, it seems a strange thing that He would say NO?  Behind the NO is the blessing to us, because a parent (God) is looking to set us up for the best case scenario for our lives.  To be in a place where we are truly blessed, and in turn, give to others.  

Let me bring to your remembrance that God said "no" to Jesus when he wanted to avoid the cross. Why? To serve us - to save us!

He got down with His face on the ground and prayed. He said,“Father, if it can be done, take away what must happen to Me. Even so, not what I want, but what You want.”  Luke 21:41-42 NLV

Are you at a place in your life where you can say, "Not my will but Your will."  Trust God enough to submit to His will when His answer is NO to your wants and desires.  

Would love to know your thoughts on the matter?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my friend for this reminder. I have understood the "NO" BUT IGNORED. Ive ignored and the cost when I did ignore has been great. Thank you that we have a gracious God Who receives us when we have a "broken and contrite heart" before Him.

    ReplyDelete