Tuesday, October 8, 2013

a YES!

                                                                   

Hope this quick truth finds a 'YES' place in your life, as you believe in Him! 

What an opportunity I had today when my friend asked for prayer! Opportunity - you think? Yes, a big fat yes, because I know as much as I want the best things to happen for my friend's life, I can do nothing to make it actually happen.  But God!  His promises are true.  What He says can be trusted.  He doesn't waver or forget what He said, as I might do sometimes.  This scrippy came into my heart as I prayed for  my friend - I looked it up to see this truth in the Word                

For as many as are the promises of God, they all find their Yes [answer] in Him [Christ]. For this reason we also utter the Amen (so be it) to God through Him to the glory of God. 
2 Corinthians 1:20 AMP

Though I read many versions of this text, looked up commentaries on this particular scrippy, in the end, I really found nothing about this verse.  It's obvious (I think to most of us...he he) that this verse was not accidentally written in the Word!  

How excited I was to come across a song from a worship leader, Matt Redman, that I believe makes this scrippy come alive in meaning!

Yes and amen to everything that You have planned.
We live to see Your will be done,

And see Your perfect kingdom come on earth, on the earth.

Yes and amen, we´re taking up our cross for You,

Give us the strength to take these dreams and follow through.
We live to see Your will be done,

And see Your perfect kingdom come on earth, on the earth.

All His promises are yes in Him - for His will to be done.  What does this mean for us?  We get to take part in the BIG plan.  Our lives were never intended to be lived for ourself.   We get to live that others may live by shining light to those who are still in darkness. His death on the cross for our sin, His burial and His resurrection from the dead was accomplished that we might know Him, the one and only true God.

Are you in the 'YES' of His word?

7 comments:

  1. Yes..we are salt (preservative) and light (truth) for our Lord to His people, all people. He lives in us so He can work through us, keeping His promises to all. But we stand firm and boast in Him because while we are not perfect and continue in sin He is perfect and faithful to keep His Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John

    HE...working through US! Wow! He is the faithful One that keeps the YES!

    Glad to know you are one who is out working in the field! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES- We get to take part in the BIG plan. its a BIG family plan. ABBA grows his family through the Firstborn. I love this picture: I saw no temple in the city, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! to the Shining Light of God's promises and Love... Because without Him, it would be a sad No (Know) world.
    Psalm 62:8 " Trust in Him at all times, you people, pour out your hearts to Him for God is our refuge." He is our future, eternity, our everything. He is our YES!
    Thank you God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Jesus be my everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is another tid bit, or should I say tid BITE. the Binary system of computer communication is set as series of 1's and zero's like 00011100100111, this is how a computer talks to another computer. 1 means YES - 0 means NO - Jesus said let your yes be yes and your no be no. ONE is YES - No is VOID. Our Elohim is ONE, yes and AMEN and our Enemy is VOID darkness. Light is yes. you said it all very well earlier, I just like to show the complexity of what SIMPLE WITH SYD, is gifted with, you are a blessing Syd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Show me your ways, Lord; teach me your paths." [Psalm 25:4] It's is God's way not ours. I'm encouraged to know He has a plan for me.

    ReplyDelete