Friday, November 15, 2013

As I see you


He sees you.

There is only one you and it is only the one you who can do what no other can in this life. 

Sometimes our lives can seem quite insignificant to us & even those around us.  Your life is so important to the Lord, to humanity, as you were born to know Him and to give to others.  Your life matters.  

Today, YOU are being watched!  The most important person is watching you!  Yes you!  Jesus!  The one who says, "As I see you" is watching you and is wanting a specific time to talk you about today, about the future.  Not how others see you but He sees you made perfect in Him.  Maybe you didn't realize it, yet it is still truth.  This Jesus, a personal God, sees YOU!  How significant your are!  

There was a rich man named Zaccheus. He was a leader of those who gathered taxes. Zaccheus wanted to see Jesus but he could not because so many people were there and he was a short man. He ran ahead and got up into a sycamore tree to see Him. Jesus was going by that way.

When Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw Zaccheus. He said, “Zaccheus, come down at once. I must stay in your house today.”  At once he came down and was glad to have Jesus come to his house...For the Son of Man came to look for and to save from the punishment of sin those who are lost.”  Luke 19:2-10 NLT

Again, we see Jesus SEEING!  

Jesus saw Nathanael coming to Him and said, “See! There is a true Jew. There is nothing false in him.” Nathanael said to Jesus, “How do You know me?” Jesus answered him, “Before Philip talked to you, I saw you under the fig tree.”  John 1:47-48 NLV

This day, know that you are significant to Jesus who sees you.  Not only does He see where you are in your life, He also wants to speak right to you.  What is required of you?  Only that you would 'turn' so you CAN see Him.

But whenever a person turns [in repentance] to the Lord, the veil is stripped off and taken away.   2 Corinthians 3:15 AMP


4 comments:

  1. Just picturing myself as a kid hiding from my Mom. My face was positioned where I could not see her. But Mom could see me . Though my face was hidden I failed to realize she could see the rest of me perfectly fine. Many of us as grownups think we can hide from God because we - can't see Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the analogy. We think we aren't seen, but He sees all of us :)

    God likes hide & seek too. He wants us to chase after Him, and all the while, He purposely lets His feet be seen, or one small part. We see, then we are excited to find HIm. All the while, He just wanted to be found of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the middle of a study of the Gospel of Matthew and your writings remind me of:

    “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. [Matthew 6:5-6]

    It's comforting to know that I may not always do the right things or have the right words to say, but the Lord knows that my heart is open to Him and that I am seeking Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brett
    Wow...I had not thought about Him 'seeing' us while we are alone in prayer. Not like those who want to be 'seen by man'. Man doesn't see this, but God surely does!

    I'm with you...too many times I haven't a clue what to say...and with Him we really don't need the words, do we :)

    If I misinterpreted what you said, let me know...he he

    ReplyDelete