Monday, November 4, 2013

The road to nowhere

My curiosity got the best of me as I thought about what 'the road to nowhere' might mean.  I decided to ask a few people what the road to nowhere meant to them. The consensus is that this is the road a person might take who is going about living life without a goal or vision.  It is a sense of walking aimlessly without real purpose for their life.



I think I can understand why a person might choose to walk this particular road.  Maybe they don't know how to get 'unstuck' to be able to live in the fullness of their life?  I welcome your view! :)

Where there is no understanding of the Word of the Lord, the people do whatever they want to, but happy is he who keeps the law.  Proverbs 29:18 NLV

God is not general but He is specific in purpose.  He created each one of us with a distinct purpose for our life on earth.  When a person does not have a clear direction for their life, they seem somewhat out of control (disorganized in thought process) because they are not aiming for a specific goal.

We can absolutely know we are on the road that IS going some-
where!  God made it simple by giving us only two choices: the narrow way or the wide way.

You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.  Matthew 7:13-14 NLT


The Lord wants to speak to those who believe that He is the way & He is the truth & He is the life (John 14:6).  To choose to turn from our sinful & selfish ways and turn to His ways, in belief, is where we find the ultimate clear vision for our life!

I don’t consider that I have taken hold of it yet. But here is the one thing I do. I forget what is behind me. I push hard toward what is ahead of me.  I move on toward the goal to win the prize. God has appointed me to win it. The heavenly prize is Christ Jesus himself.  Philippians 3:13-14 NIRV

My prayer for you today is that you would turn from your way of trying to live life, and choose to embrace Him (choose life), and in doing so, will find yourself right smack dab on the road to somewhere - both now and eternally.

see new website @ www.simplewithsyd.com

7 comments:

  1. "Lord, show me your way for my life." For me, it's constantly having to remind myself that I must turn control over to God to guide my way. The choices I make, while of my free will, should be with done with attentiveness toward God's will for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett

    I like the last line you wrote...while of my free will, SHOULD BE with attentiveness toward His will...yes Lord!

    Reminds me of Prov. 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT on your own undertanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He WILL direct your paths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Phil 3:12-14 says in the Phillips Translation: 3:12-14 - Yet, my brothers, I do not consider myself to have "arrived", spiritually, nor do I consider myself already perfect. But I keep going on, grasping ever more firmly that purpose for which Christ grasped me. My brothers, I do not consider myself to have fully grasped it even now. But I do concentrate on this: I leave the past behind and with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead I go straight for the goal - my reward the honour of being called by God in Christ.
    I love that -with arms outstretched...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer
    As Christ-followers, we shouldn't be casual about this life in Him, but with outstretched arms...REACHING toward the goal. Jesus is our prize! :) Thank you for posting this version - like the way it's worded!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the way you made it easy to understand that the narrow and straight is the only safe and secure way, into the arms of a loving Father who will never turn us away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord, establish Your ways in me. Make my feet to go the narrow path. May I bear Your Fruit today for You. May others see You in me. May I walk about with the full armour of God so that no evil thing touches me or my children. Cover and protect my children Lord. Make us to be instruments of Your sacrificial Love. Thank you Father. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacey
    I join you in your prayer and pray! Everything He has for us is on this narrow (though difficult) path of His LIFE!

    ReplyDelete