Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A special connection

A conversation with a friend got me stirred to write about a special connection.

My friend told me he knew of a friend who described herself as 'not really a Christian, believed she had a special connection to God & that everyone went to heaven.'  That sure was a read-full of words, to me!

She certainly made a bold statement in her claim to a special connection to God!  A special connection



Do you know someone who truly believes that there are only the select few who have this special connection to God?  



In their time of need, they feel they know just who to call upon for prayer because God will surely hear their prayer - the person with a special connection.

Do you have this special connection?  Are you dependent on the true connection? 

If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.  John 15:7 AMP

Websters 1828 dictionary:  a connection between virtue & happiness, a connection between parent & child, master & servant, husband & wife; between motives & actions, & between actions & their consequences.  In short, the word is applicable to almost every thing that has a dependence on or relation to another thing.


It appears to me that some folks do not understand what being a Christian means, according to the Bible...but I'm not going there in this blog.  Based on the words spoken by this particular girl mentioned above, it is evident she was not speaking from a relationship with the One & only true God.

The starting point to knowing this special connection is found in 'whosoever will.'   Whoever desires to KNOW Him!  He awaits to know you.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be My follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow Me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for My sake, you will save it.  And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?  Matthew 16:2-26 NLT  
The question is, do you desire to know the truth, the true connection to the One who knows all things?  Don't miss what awaits you!

Thomas said to Him, Lord, we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?  Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.  John 14:5-6 AMP

Today, do YOU have a special connection?  


New web @ www.simplewithsyd.com

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. It seems to me that to be connected without a relationship would be pointless and harmful to ones self. As I was reading this I could not help but to get a very clear picture of four people. Two of them were clearly in a relationship and walked through a door side by side and together. The other two were different. One was connected to the other with what appeared to be a longer sized rope (maybe 4 feet apart). As one enter the door the other was kind of stumbling along as if they didn't even know the other had went through the door. The door slammed shut and the second person stumbled face first into the closed door. The rope broke and the connection was lost.

    I don't know about you but I don't want to be just "connected". And connected to a stranger...no thank you. I want to know Him and for Him to know me. I want to walk beside God, together, bonded, and united in a relationship. If He goes through a door I want to go with Him.

    One more thing I want to add that came to me just now. In the picture that I saw while reading, the connecting rope caught the door just right and caused the door to slam shut. God will never slam the door in the face of His children, but we can slam the door shut ourselves, by our choices. The person who chose to be connected, chose to be connected with "the rope that bound separation". Chew on that for a minute....its good.

    WHEW WEEE give me a minute...I think I could get to preaching here in a minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carey
    Jesus is THE connection. As you said, we can certainly have wrong connections, but connection to Him, choosing to stay in union with Him, we will be walking just as He wanted for our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can two walk together unless they are in agreement? How can you have a special connection to a God you don't really know, without the relationship to go along with that connection. It's like saying, I'm connected to Christ but I don't know Him. I say, just get a life IN Christ (God) and you can be sure it will be very Special Connection!

    ReplyDelete