Friday, January 10, 2014

dead man walking

You may be asking, 'Why bring up death, just after we celebrated Christmas!"

Believe it or not, it is in line with the Spirit of Christmas that most of us just celebrated.  We celebrated Christ's birth, who was born to save the world from sin. 

He came to abolish death (the disconnect in our relationship to Him) and to provide the bridge to connect us back into the relationship He always had intended with each of us.

Do you think it is even possible that you may be walking about in this life, but yet dead?  The truth is, you are dead if you have not chosen to receive the life that is found in Christ Jesus.  


If we choose to live without Him, we choose to live outside of knowing the author and giver of our very life.
 
You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins.
Colossians 2:13 NLT  

Have you ever considered death, in that it is more than our life ending here on earth.  Death is a separation, here and now, from the life that is found in God.  

No man is called a living man, but he who is in the way of truth in this world.----And a wicked man who does not go in the way of truth, is called, a dead man.  Unknown

The Word of God says tells us to LIVE!  The Word says to dead men (dead in spirit) to turn and live!  

At one time you were dead because of your sins.  You followed the sinful ways of the world and obeyed the leader of the power of darkness. He is the devil who is now working in the people who do not obey God.  At one time all of us lived to please our old selves. We gave in to what our bodies and minds wanted. We were sinful from birth like all other people and would suffer from the anger of God.  But God had so much loving-kindness. He loved us with such a great love. Even when we were dead because of our sins, He made us alive by what Christ did for us.  Ephesians 2:1-5 NLT

Salvation can be described as the blind receiving sight, the deaf receiving hearing, the dead receiving life; but we don't receive these blessings only - we receive Christ Jesus Himself.  
Questions?  Connect @ www.simplewithsyd.com

4 comments:

  1. I love it. I was just reading through my first fast in 2010 and the things i was praying for. See, before i got saved and completed my first fast, i was walking around dead. Just a shell with no spirit. Well at leeast thats what i felt like. But God. He recreated me and now I'm alive as I've ever been and its such an Awesome feeling. you wont appreciate being alive until you have been born again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolanda

    Your full of LIFE life is evident to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hits home. In my life before Christ, people I knew figured I had it together; happy and pretty successful. Nobody knew how much of a mess my life really was; of course not, I would have been rejected if they knew about the dead man walking in my soul. I look back and thank God for keeping me from doing a terrible thing, (you can figure that one out). Not only was I feeling dead inside, but I also wanted
    to be dead.
    People have no idea what goes on in the heart of
    a person, I was sinking fast with no hope. One day
    I truly heard The Gospel message of Jesus Christ,
    I accepted Him fully into my heart; darkness left and light came into my center, my soul. In came the love of God which I had never known, and immediately my entire life took on whole new meaning. Darkness left me and God's Truth came in. Only one way to explain what he did in me: I was once was lost but now I'm found!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if we do not know Him yet, how can someone deny the amazing change from death to life for you! I'M amazed...and I know Him. Every person can know this freedom - blows my mind!

    ReplyDelete