Sunday, February 9, 2014

I NEED A FREEZER FULL OF CHICKEN!

WHY DID SHE SAY THESE WORDS?  


These are the words I heard my Mother say to me, while on a trip to Malaysia to renew my Visa.

Pumped up with gratitude, I called my mother and said, "I was bumped up to business class on my flight to Malaysia (the ticket was paid for too)....because someone thought I looked like a teacher."  I continued on, "The folks I met on a train offered me (and my friend) food, when they did not know we were in need of food.  And.. these same folks put us in contact with their friends, who put us up in an amazing condo on the Straights of Malacca for week for free.  Can you believe this!?"

My Mom was with me in my excitement.  She certainly had learned/learning that with all her own thoughts, she didn't have much to say about the true answers to life....but knew that HE does!  

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.  Proverbs 3:5-6 AMP

She said, "Yes!  God provides what we each need, when we have the need."  She said, "I don't have need of a plane tickets or places to stay like you do...I need a freezer full of chicken to feed the hungry."

What did she mean?  I once heard it said that everything we have need of can be found on the road obedience.  Here is a perfect story to show this truth.

Then Saul gave David his own armor—a bronze helmet and a coat of mail. David put it on, strapped the sword over it, and took a step or two to see what it was like, for he had never worn such things before. “I can hardly move!” he exclaimed, and took them off again.

Then he picked up five smooth stones from a stream and put them in his shepherd’s bag and, armed only with his shepherd’s staff and sling, started across to Goliath.  Goliath walked out toward David with his shield-bearer ahead of him, sneering in contempt at this nice little red-cheeked boy!

Did the five stones miraculously appear?  No. Over much time, this perfect provision of five smooth stones were right there waiting...ready for this moment for David!  You will find God's provision on your road of obedience.  It's a daily walking in the what you know is right, according to His will (and revealed will to you).  

I needed a plane ticket, Mom needed chicken...David needed five stones.

As Goliath approached, David ran out to meet him and, reaching into his shepherd’s bag, took out a stone, hurled it from his sling, and hit the Philistine in the forehead. The stone sank in, and the man fell on his face to the ground. 1 Samuel 17:36-48 TLB

Seek God to direct your path and don't waver between two sides of the road.  There is a path for you.  If you deviate, He can get you back on tract.  Submit your ways to Him and choose His will over your own.  

1 comment:

  1. Sure hits home. Yes, God really does supply those things that He knows we truly need, but, yes, mostly that we are learning to trust in Him for that need. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete