Thursday, August 7, 2014

Simply said

I CAN'T HELP IT


Everyday we open our eyes and ears to an enormous amount of visual and verbal thoughts.  

We almost seem obsessed with social media, letting 'friends'  see our recent Instagram, Selfie, upload of our friends or family pix to FB, or the important detail about how our child just said or did a particular thing.  It's quite exciting really - it's all part of this thing we call life.  We want to let others be part of what is important to us.  

Though I love to be part of the lives of others, there is something that cannot be overlooked.  That is the source of what it is we really all live for.  Behind all the pix and recognition, what are we saying?  Perhaps it is, "Look at my life.  Look at how/what I am doing.  Look and see something wonderful that is going on in my life and the life of my family and friends."  

This is all valid.  Yes.  But I can't help but to say there is something more.   
I can't help it!  Can't help what? 
We (ourselves) cannot help telling what we have seen and heard  Acts 4:20 AMP

Though social media can seem quite amazing, in that we get to all share in one another's experience of life, I cannot keep silent about the something more.  

I cannot keep inside what I have seen and heard, which is a piece of my life I hope we can connect together on.  I want you to know.  Here goes...

Over 20 years ago - specifically April 1991, I got out of my bed at midnight, got down on my knees and said, "Lord, God, Jesus...whoever You are, if You're real, I want to know you."  In that moment, a peace and love came over me in my room.  I had an experience right there in my bedroom with God.  My heart was open to know the truth. Wow!  The next morning I woke up and I was never the same person I again.  His life became my life and I was truly alive like never before.  His Word (the Bible) was not a dull book anymore but words full of life that opened up and revealed things I never knew...and continues...

So, don't blame me, it's all because of His LIFE...the new life given to me in Christ Jesus that now compels me to tell people what I have seen and heard. 

I can't help it! 

Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.  John 14:6  NKJV

If you want to know Him today, you can!  I would love to talk with you about how you can come into a real relationship with Him today.  


Contact me @ www.simplewithsyd.com



2 comments:

  1. Can't help but love the way you speak with such boldness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...thanks...it's Him in me...wahoo! :)

    ReplyDelete